10.9.13

087 - THE LONG WALK AROUND THE LAKE I

01_La volta llarga

02_La volta llarga 03_La volta llarga

04_La volta llarga

05_La volta llarga

06_La volta llarga

07_La volta llarga



A friend let me shoot a few rolls with his parents old Canonet 28. It has the most wonderful design, it's a beautiful camera to have in your hands, I've enjoyed it a lot, and despite my glaring inhability to properly use the viewfinder I think a few of the pictures turned all right. It's a wonderful camera for mid-range and portraits but all my panoramics are blurry... but that might be my eyes and how badly they can work sometimes. 

I've mentioned a few times that my parents live in this village where there's a lake, I know it sounds repetitive, but lakes are *not* common in here and, traditionally, the whole village has centered its life around it. So there's also a lot of walks and some really beautiful places around it, and the one my father and I took this August is one of the longest, a few hours worth I think. 

And because I'm mostly urbanite and a lot silly I had a few moments of, "what the hell, there's wild boars around?". In the hills around Barcelona there are LOT of wild boars and they can be quite fearless, I had an encounter once with a mom and her piglets and I've still can't get over it (I said I was silly, right?). My father laughed at me and told me that in a village farmers might still have guns and  a lot of the fields are have electrical fences, so they are not as fearless. Which is quite true and it really shows how city-bred I can be sometimes.

Also, hi! the one strutting about in the first picture it's me... which, yeah, I think that one of the reasons for taking pictures is that I don't appear on them, so we'll change that. 


11 comentarios:

  1. That is some fine strutting! :)

    Rangefinders are absolutely beautiful but - for me - quite difficult to handle. Also, I think my short sightedness is to blame but I take soooo long to focus when using a rangefinder! However, when you get the focus correct they make the best photographs!

    I wish I was taking that walk, it looks beautiful!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I don't know what I was doing, really, so that I look like that, XD

      It's so tricky to use, right? I'm short sighted and astigmatic, so imagine the fun when I have to focus properly and my contact lenses are graduated differently than my glasses...

      It really is a beautiful place!

      Eliminar
  2. The Canonet 28 is lovely! A friend of mine uses her mum's old one and it is such a pretty camera!
    These photos of yours really give her justice - they are a lovely series! Great colours!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It's a really handsome camera! And if you learn how to properly use it, it takes amazing pictures. Your friend must shoot really beautiful photographs!

      Eliminar
  3. I've always wanted a Canonet, such pretty cameras!

    That sounds interesting, I don't think I've ever spent more than a week outside a big city so I know how you feel.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It's so pretty!

      I have, but my daily life happens in a city... so I get sassy with thieves but not so much with wild life.

      Eliminar
  4. Hello! Well if you had a hard time with it, these photos clearly don't show it. You captured the light beautifully!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. What a beautiful day for a walk. These are pretty.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I've heard a lot of good things about Canonet cameras! They're real beauties too!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. they are gorgeous and once you get the hang of it (which can be tricky if you are as visually challenged as me XP), they take amazing pictures!

      Eliminar